Tue, Nov 16|
Italian Grammar Class - Level 1 - The present tense of Essere and Avere
A fresh and flexible way to learn Italian Grammar!
Time & Location
Nov 16, 2021, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM PST
About The Event
from Beginner to Low IntermediateEssere and Avere are so important that they can be defined as the Italian language's mother and father.
In fact, they are two of the most common verbs in the Italian language. They are used in various situations and serve as a grammatical aid.
The two verbs are commonly used in their present tense form to mean “to be” (essere) and “to have” (avere). This allows speakers to express their states of being and talk about things they have in their possession.
Learning the present tense of essere and avere is also important because they are used to create compound tenses such as the passato prossimo (the present perfect tense).
Finally, they are used in idiomatic expressions that extend their functions beyond their essential translations.
What to expect:
- Grammar rules explanation plus practice with interactive activities (eg. exercises, quiz, games)
- Class video recording available to download.
- Access to WhatsApp Group* to practice with your classmates, ask questions and receive tips.
Duration: 1:30 hr.
5:00 - 6:30 PM PT | 7:00 - 8:30 PM CT
- 1 Class: $15
- 5-Class Package: $65
- 10-Class Package: $110
- Entire Course (30 Classes): $290
Explore all the Topics of Level 1
- Alphabet & Basic Rules of Italian Pronunciation
- Nouns: gender and number
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Adjectives; possessive and demonstrative pronouns
- The present tense of essere and avere
- There is/There are
- The present tense of regular (and some irregular) verbs
- Direct object pronouns (1)
- Indirect object pronouns
- Piacere and similar verbs
- The present perfect tense
- Direct and indirect object pronouns (2)
- Direct and indirect object pronouns (3: stressed forms)
- Articulate prepositions
- Present Progressive
- Relative pronouns
- The imperfect tense
- The pronouns ne and ci
- Reflexive pronouns
- Reflexive Verbs
- Reciprocal reflexive verbs
- Modal Verbs
Terms & Conditions
- After registering, you will immediately receive the Zoom link for the first lesson.
- You will receive the Zoom link for the following classes the day before each event.
- If you are not able to attend a class but you want to receive the its video recording, the class will be counted as done.
- If you cannot attend one of the classes, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the event. In this case, you will be able to make up the class in the following weeks. If you have purchased a 5-lesson package, you can skip a maximum of one class. If you have purchased a 10-lesson package, you can skip a maximum of two classes. If you do not send the email or send it less than 24 hours before the event, the lesson will be counted as completed.
- All online events/classes are subject to a full refund (less the administrative fees).
- No refund is given after the first class, which is included in a package.
- No refund is given for ticket bought the same date of the event/class.
- If you want to cancel a class/package, you can transfer your credit to another class/package.
Expiration: The class packages expire on May 31, 2022.
*Only buying the 10-Class Package. Access to the WhatsApp group will be granted until the package is exhausted.
Full Course - 30 Classes