Zeppole di San Giuseppe | Italian Cooking Class
Time & Location
About The Event
Join us and Chef Maria Capdevielle for a Zeppole Cooking Class on March 20 at 10 AM PST | 12 PM CST!
Support us with a donation and receive the video recording of the class, the recipe step by step and get the change to win a delicious prize!!!
Zeppole Di San Giuseppe are traditional Italian pastries prepared every Saturday, March 19 for the Feast of Saint Joseph’s Day ( Father’s Day in Italy). They are also called Sfinci di San Giuseppe or Bigne di San Giuseppe, depending on which area of Italy they are made.
They can bee deep fried or oven baked and then decorated with pastry cream, powdered sugar and amarena cherry!
The Amarena cherry (Italian: amarena) is a small sour dark colored Italian cherry grown in Bologna and Modena, two cities of Italy. The Fabbri family has been producing these luxurious wild cherries in syrup since 1905 from the guarded original recipe of founder Gennaro Fabbri. The local wild cherries which are a dark red variety with a sweet and slightly bitter flavor are preserved in a rich syrup made from the juice of the same fruit.
If you want to use the original amarene for the Zeppole, here is where to find them:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/fabbri
- Sur La Table: https://www.surlatable.com/home
- William Sonoma: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/?cm_type=gnav
- Total Wine: https://www.totalwine.com/
- Bevmo: https://www.bevmo.com/
- Whole Foods (except in the stores located in South California, Texas, Georgia, Florida)
About Chef Maria
Maria Teresa Capdevielle, author of "The Secrets of Baking with Olive Oil", is professional Italian pastry chef and a culinary chef/instructor in the SF Bay Area.
She graduated from CCA in 2003 and did her Apprenticeship at Chez Panisse in Berkeley. Her local experience includes V-Sattui, The Rose Pistola, The Waterfront, The Market Hall and The Townhouse Grill & Restaurant. Currently she teaches Italian cooking and baking online at different culinary centers (Draeger's, Kitchen on Fire and Ramekins). She also consults for small restaurants and wineries and helps them develop their dessert menu and train their teams.
Learn more about Chef Maria at http://www.mariateresaskitchen.com/.
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$5$50$0
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$8$80$0
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$10$100$0
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$15$150$0
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$20$200$0
- Donation+Video+Recipe & Prize!$30$300$0